Partner visas / Spouse visas / Defacto visas / Fiance visas

All these visas belong to the same group of Australian partner visas. There are visa options not only for married couples, but also for (unmarried) de facto couples, as well as couples in same sex relationships. While everyone applies for the same visa the way to get there differs.

If your partner is not yet in Australia, but you intend to get married in the near future, a fiance visa (prospective marriage visa) might be interesting for you. A prospective marriage visa is a temporary visa, valid for 9 months and enables your partner to come to Australia, get married and apply for a partner visa in Australia. 

What evidence you need to submit with your application will depend on your personal situation. Each relationship is different and sometimes it is difficult to determine what documents to present to Immigration to support your case. Margot has many years experience with partner visas and will work with you to present your case in the best possible way, maximising your chances to succeed.


Ready to apply for a Partner Visa?

Regardless of whether you seek the assistance of a professional Migration Agent or whether you intend to lodge your application yourself, we always recommend you book a consultation with a registered Migration Agent first. Our Migration Agent will look at your individual situation and discuss all your options so you can make an informed decision, which visa pathway is the best for you and your partner.

If you would like to apply for a Partner Visa please contact Margot for a confidential consultation.